Registration: Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) - Online Video
The primary goal of this online course is to create awareness about the three medications approved by the FDA for the treatment of individuals with an Opioid Use Disorder. Information will be provided on screening and assessment to determine individuals who are best suited for Medication Assisted Treatment and psychosocial evidenced based practice approaches for effective treatment in combination with MAT. Additionally, each medication including Methadone, Buprenorphine, Buprenorphine/Naloxone and Naltrexone will be discussed related to how each medication works and research on effectiveness of the medications. Finally, information will be presented related to Federal and State regulations impacting the utilization of MAT in Nevada.
Continuing Education Hours: 3 CEUs
This training is approved for CEUs by the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
Presentation materials are not for reproduction or distribution without specific written authorization.