Registration: ZConfidentiality and HIPAA (CC) - 6 CEHs - Online Video
Dave Spitzer, Esq.
Who can you tell and when? Who must you tell and when? This workshop will cover federal and Nevada rules of confidentiality with an emphasis on practical solutions to real problems. Topics will include: what is a proper consent for release of information, how to respond to a subpoena, exceptions to the rules, and child and elder abuse reporting requirements. Note: This course is required for interns as well as for licensed or certified counselors who are renewing their license or certificate.
Continuing Education Hours: 6 CEU
This training is approved for CEUs by the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
Registration for this training is currently closed..