Registration: Foundations in Working with Psychosis - In Person Training
Addresses understanding the symptoms of psychosis and focuses on a therapeutic approach that can be used alongside the medical medication-management model. The curricula looks at psychosis holistically in addressing symptom management, healthy coping skills and integration of the self. CBT methods are introduced and covered as key principles in helping a person to reframe thinking and live a life of wellness and recovery. Relapse prevention with regard to psychosis is addressed, and resources are provided, including Hearing Voices groups, the Open Dialogue approach and First Episode Psychosis programs.
- Understand the nature and prevalence of psychosis
- Understand and recognizing signs and symptoms
- Develop tools to engage people experiencing psychosis in an effective and constructive way, including utilizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy principles alongside the medical/medication management model
- Understand and implement relapse prevention strategies
- Introduction to resources and programming that recognize the need to treat the whole person with a recovery oriented, person-centered approach
This course is has been approved for CEUs by the Nevada Board of Psychological Examiners, NV19-1021CE.