Registration: Diagnostic Assessment and Treatment of Gambling Disorder - In Person Training
Nevada has almost twice the prevalence rate of problem gamblers compared to national averages, yet most clients seeking help from mental health providers do not disclose gambling problems. This one-day workshop will train providers on screening, assessment, and the current evidence-based treatments for gambling disorder. Topics will include: 1) the etiology of problem gambling, 2) assessment measures for gambling disorder, 3) common co-occurring mental health issues among problem gamblers, 4) risk factors and vulnerable populations, 5) motivational enhancement, 6) working with stress proneness, emotional dysregulation, and cravings, 7) trauma and problem gambling, 8) suicide prevention, 9) cognitive behavioral therapy for problem gamblers, 10) mindfulness-based relapse prevention.
- Participants will be able to describe the signs/symptoms of gambling disorder and identify one assessment measure to assess for gambling disorder
- Participants will be able to describe at least 3 comborbid disorders that commonly co-occur with gambling disorder
- Participants will be able to identify 3 at-risk populations who are vulnerable to developing a gambling disorder
- Participants will be able to identify 5 evidence-based treatment interventions for problem gamblers
- Participants will be able to discuss how mindfulness-based applications exert an effect in reducing problem gambling behaviors.