Registration: Clinical Supervision for Alcohol and Drug Counselors ONLINE | April 8 - May 20, 2020 - Webinar
NEW ONLINE FORMAT | April 8 - May 20, 2020 | Every Wednesday | 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
7-Week Live Online Webinar Workshop
The objectives of the Advanced Clinical Supervision in-person training includes facilitating the development of a personal model of supervision and practicing skills to help shape the delivery of high quality, effective clinical services to those seeking assistance for substance use disorders. This training is aimed at preparing clinical supervisors to observe job performance, provide feedback and coaching, prioritize learning needs, develop achievable learning objectives, and continue monitoring performance to assess effectiveness.
Examples of key topics/concepts discussed are:
- The scope of clinical supervision, the supervisory relationship
- Applying theoretical models to clinical supervision
- Observation formats and methods
- Counselor assessment and goal development, developing your own model
- Cultural considerations, including agency culture considerations
- Discussion/review of TAP 21A competencies
- Requirements, regulations, and legal aspects of supervision
- Utilizing ASAM Criteria
What to Expect:
- April 8, 2020 |11:00 AM - 12:30 PM - Mandatory Webinar Tech Session: Includes an introduction of and training on the Webinar Platform, Zoom.
- April 15, 2020 - May 20, 2020 | Every Wednesday from 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM - Webinar Clinical Supervision Training Sessions
- Each week assignments will be given and participants will be expected to complete the homework prior to the next session in order to receive full participation.
- Participants must attend every week in order to earn the full 12 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) required by the board. No partial credit will be issued. One (1) absence will be permitted with a valid excuse. Participants will be required to contact CASAT Training in order to schedule a makeup session.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 12
IMPORTANT COURSE PRE-REQUISITE: The 14-hour online Clinical Supervision Foundations workshop is a prerequisite to this course. Click here to register: https://healtheknowledge.org/course/index.php?categoryid=56
Note: An LADC must be an active LADC for two years and a CADC must be an active CADC for three years prior to taking the supervisors course. All interested participants should apply to the Nevada State Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug and Gambling Counselors for approval prior to registering for the course. (This avoids a person signing up and being denied for any reason) Visit: http://alcohol.nv.gov/ for more information.
If you are a current Clinical Supervisor in Nevada, and are taking this course as a "refresher" , the 14 hour ATTC pre-requisite is not required.