Registration: When Life Hurts, Meaning Can Provide Strength and Direction - Online Video
Tom Lavin, MFT, LCADC
The class addresses how to use the core principles of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Logotherapy to thrive as we address our pain with wisdom, compassion and commitment to meaningful life values. Psychotherapist Tom Lavin presents on how to respond in a healing and effective manner to patients who are living painful lives and suffering as a result. Issues of caregiver compassion fatigue and self-compassion are also addressed.
Continuing Education Hours: 1.5 CEUs
This training is approved for CEUs by the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
- Nevada Certification Board (for CHW, PRSS & Prevention)
Presentation materials are not for reproduction or distribution without specific written authorization.
Additional handouts, if available, are available by request.