Registration: Gambling Problems in US Military Veterans - Online Video
Shane Kraus, PhD
This online training will cover gambling problems among US Military Veterans. A review of the current/relevant studies will be discussed. Several case vignettes of veterans with gambling disorder and other mental health disorders will be shared and discussed with the audience. This discussion will be guided by data collected from two VA studies. Discussion around ways of engaging veterans into care with problem gambling. We will review data on screening for at-risk/problem gambling from two VA studies. We will discuss strategies for effective screening when working with veterans and non-veterans.
- Review co-occurring mental health disorders associated with Gambling Disorder among military veterans.
- Identify barriers to military veterans getting help for their gambling problem.
- Discuss screening and treatment approaches for treating veterans with Gambling disorder.
Continuing Education Hours: 1.5 CEUs
This training is approved for CEUs by the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
Presentation materials are not for reproduction or distribution without specific written authorization.