Registration: Golden Thread Webinar Series - Webinar
5-Week Live Online Webinar Series
June 1-29, 2021 | Every Tuesday| 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Clear and concise clinical documentation is an essential component of the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders. This training will provide participants with an understanding of the “Golden Thread” concept of clinical documentation, and the skills to apply it to assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, continued assessment reviews and discharge summaries. Application of this concept can not only improve documentation, but can lead to a more client-centered and clinically-driven approach to care.
- Be able to conceptualize how the Golden Thread concept applies to a client’s whole length of treatment from intake assessment through discharge.
- Apply the Golden Thread concept to their own work in substance use disorder treatment, through use of case studies and active participation in the training.
- Improve clinical documentation related to assessments, treatment plans, progress notes and discharge summaries.
- Supplement foundational knowledge related to ASAM assessments, risk ratings and levels of care recommendations.
- Supplement foundational knowledge related to DSM 5 diagnostic criteria for substance use disorders.
- Supplement foundational knowledge related to treatment planning, referrals and discharge planning.
Participant Commitment & Expectations:
- Commit to 5-weeks of training for 1.5 hours weekly on scheduled series days/times and complete 30 minutes of weekly self-study learning activities.
- Access to appropriate technology to utilize Zoom videoconferencing platform (i.e., an internet connection, webcam, laptop/tablet, speakers and microphone) as well as active participant engagement to gain/improve skills are required.
- Participants must attend every week in order to earn the full 10 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). No partial credit will be issued. One (1) absence will be permitted with a valid excuse. Participants will be required to contact CASAT Training in order to schedule a makeup session.