Registration: Addiction Among the Aging - Webinar
Note: This webinar takes place over 2 days, June 15, 2021 and June 16, 2021 from 8:00 am - 11:00 am (PST).
Addictions among the aging are a serious public health concern often referred to as an “Invisible Epidemic.” Too often warning signs of addiction are misinterpreted as signs of aging or other age-related conditions. This webinar series will provide you with the fundamentals necessary to serve your elder clients.
By the end of this webinar series, participant should be able to:
- Describe the prevalence & problem of addiction in older adults including the impact ageism has on older adults.
- List at least two process addictions common among older adults and describe why these can be more harmful to older than younger adults.
- Describe the brain’s reward system and explain how age influences the brain’s responses to substances.
- List at least four risk and four protective factors for older adults.
- List at least four intervention and treatment considerations when working with older adults.