Registration: Toxic Stress & High Risk Behaviors - Webinar
Living in stressful environments can negatively affect an individual’s emotional, social, and physical development. Through this training, attendees will be provided with an overview of how stress can affect brain development and will learn how these changes in the brain may lead to the adoption of high-risk behaviors. The training further discusses substance misuse as a common coping strategy and participants will learn key action items to promote a public health approach and improve interactions with individuals engaging in high-risk behaviors.
- Participants will learn how to recognize when an individual might be experiencing toxic stress
- Participants will learn how stress can actually change and affect brain development and lead to the adoption of high risk behaviors
- Participants will learn how to support individuals engaging in high risk behaviors by taking a public health approach
Continuing Education Units: 2 CEUs
This training is approved for CEUs by the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)*
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
*CASAT has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6492. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. CASAT is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
- Nevada Certification Board (PRSS, Prevention, and CHW)