Registration: xConfidentiality and HIPAA (CC) - 3 CEHs - Online Video
Heather Ijames, Esq.
This workshop will cover federal and Nevada specific rules of confidentiality with an emphasis on practical solutions to real problems. By the end of this training, participants will: understand the proper consent for release of information, be aware of the procedure to respond to a subpoena, and understand the important exceptions to the rules. Additionally LADC counselors, social workers and other professionals will understand how to apply their organization’s policy as well as individual policy in their practice.
Continuing Education Hours: 3 CEU
This training is approved for CEUs by the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
Registration for this training is currently closed..